Color lithograph, 1966. 650x501 mm; 25 5/8x19 3/4 inches, full margins. Signed and numbered 127/150 in pencil, lower margin. Printed by Maeght, Paris. Published by the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia. A very good impression. Reference: Mourlot 502. Miro's printmaking was so important to his overall oeuvre, that in 1966, the Philadelphia Museum of Art mounted an retrospective of Miro's graphic work. Museums as far away as Tokyo, Japan loaned work for the event and Miro even wrote letters to request special works be loaned to what he felt was the most momentus exhibition of his career to date. As he often did, Miro created the design for the exhibition poster and The Philadelphia Museum of Art published the poster for promotion of their their exhibition. Miro agreed to a special signed and numbered lithograph edition of 150 of which this is an example. Miró was born in Barcelona where he grew up and started his artistic studies. He went to the Academy La Llotja against his parents’ will who had wanted him to work in a more traditional way. He later studied at the Escola d’Art from Francesc Galí and got to know the Fauves and the cubists. In 1920 he moved to Paris, where he lived amongst the most creative artists of his time. He got to know Arp, Magritte, Brancusi and Giacometti and exhibited with Dalí, Yves Tanguy, Meret Oppenheim and Max Ernst in several exhibitions about Dadaism and Surrealism. Miró moved to Mallorca in 1956, where he created first sculptures, later ceramics, and repeatedly oil paintings.