Color lithograph, 1951. 260x795 mm; 10 1/4x31 3/8 inches, full margins. From the signed and numbered edition of 400 (there were also c. 1200 unsigned copies published in the art review Derrière le Miroir). Signed and dated in pencil, lower right. Published by Maeght, Paris. A very good impression of this large print, with strong colors. Reference: Maeght 1708. This is a rare, early work by the artist after the mural ‘Sur Quatre Murs’ for Harkness Commons of Harvard Law School, today in the collection of the Museum of Modern Art, New York. Miró was born in Barcelona where he grew up and started his artistic studies. He went to the Academy La Llotja against his parents’ will who had wanted him to work in a more traditional way. He later studied at the Escola d’Art from Francesc Galí and got to know the Fauves and the cubists. In 1920 he moved to Paris, where he lived amongst the most creative artists of his time. He got to know Arp, Magritte, Brancusi and Giacometti and exhibited with Dalí, Yves Tanguy, Meret Oppenheim and Max Ernst in several exhibitions about Dadaism and Surrealism. Miró moved to Mallorca in 1956, where he created first sculptures, later ceramics, and repeatedly oil paintings.